Black Kitchen cabinets
Are black kitchen is the new white? For many, black is the new white when it comes to kitchen cabinets. Being one of the most popular kitchen design trends these days, black kitchen cabinets are a great fit for nearly any kitchen design.
While this trend has long been seen in Scandinavian design, in the U.S. there has been a recent movement towards this style. Whether you are drawn to modern design or more of a farmhouse style, black cabinets are elegant yet allow for bold contrasts.
According to Architectural Digest, black has been steadily increasing in popularity since 2015 and is now the new “it” color for cabinetry. Offering a level of unique sophistication, modern black kitchen cabinets are highly versatile and mesh with a wide range of colors, finishes, and materials.
Black kitchen cabinets, even though they have become increasingly popular lately, still stand out from light kitchen finishes. It is possible to create a very striking, unique, and modern kitchen with black cabinets when they are done correctly. Black cabinets look striking and fashionable is just one of the many reasons you might want to choose them for your new kitchen. Here are some examples of what black kitchen cabinets can do for your home:
- They can give your home a very chic feel
- Your property’s resale value can be enhanced by them
- Unlike white cabinets, they don’t show dirt as much
- Children and pets can still be around them
- By combining them with lighter colors, they can give a room a sense of depth and contrast
Benefits of Black Kitchen Cabinets
Black cabinets are associated with a feeling of luxury. When you walk into a kitchen that showcases beautifully crafted black cabinetry, it immediately catches your attention. When you invest in custom black cabinets, you achieve a new depth to your kitchen and create a certain mood. Depending on how you style your kitchen, that mood may be cozy, inviting, or intimate.
- Black cabinets complement a variety of styles. Whether you love minimalist kitchens or prefer more of a chic look, black cabinetry ticks all the boxes.
- Black goes with virtually every accompanying appliance, hardware, or decor, especially modern design aesthetics.
- This color of black kitchen cabinets is dramatic yet doesn’t show dirt as easily as light-colored kitchen cabinets.
- With black cabinetry, anything that contrasts the dark cabinets will pop, making accent features more vibrant.
Whether your goal is to create a dramatic backdrop or add a dose of sophistication to your home, modern black kitchen cabinets are the perfect solution.
How to Create Balance with Black Kitchen Cabinets
It is important to remember that too much black can be overpowering, so make sure to balance it out with features like brass or silver handles and lighter colors elsewhere. A well-done black shaker cabinet can seem straight out of an interior design magazine. For example, you can keep a sense of light and contrast in the kitchen by pairing black cabinetry with light oak shelving, a white subway tile backsplash, and light marble or granite countertops.
Here are other ideas to create balance when choosing black cabinets:
- Add brass hardware to dress them up
- Topped with butcher block countertops.
- Combine black appliances to create a cohesive look.
- Consider a patterned backsplash
- Keep black to the lower cabinets
- Add a little gold to the mix
- Lighten the mood with glass-front kitchen cabinets
- Add some warmth to your decor with copper details
- Take the plunge with an all-black kitchen
- Couple black kitchen cabinets with black or white marble
- A modern chandelier in an industrial style to add an artistic touch
With some of these design details you’ll want to paint it black like Mick Jagger!
ALL THE BLACKS
Are you here for Black Kitchen Cabinets? We have 23 Black Cabinet Fronts for you to choose from. See our entire collection of Black samples. Want a breakdown? See Acrylic, Wood and Painted options in Naturals. See Acrylic Black options in Euro and see Black Thermofoil options in Bylder. Order samples today and see them in your home in just a few days.
Whether it’s an all Black Kitchen in paint, wood or other modern finishes you can start with visualizing your cabinets and get pricing by having a Mod Cabinetry certified designer plan your Black Kitchen. Sign up today and we’ll start working with you on your kitchen right away.
Black Kitchen Cabinets Options
Don’t see the right black? Choose any black from Sherwin Williams for a custom paint color in the Naturals Line. Custom color process is a $1400 add-on fee.
MODERN AND ENDURING
With customizations, faster lead-times and lower pricing, Naturals is a perfect alternative to local custom cabinetry.
With faster lead-times and lower pricing, Euro is a perfect alternative to import European cabinets.
Start Designing Your Black Kitchen Cabinets
Mod certified designers are experts at high-end modern design. These are not your big-box store or classic kitchen designers. They are superheroes of modern design principles. Clean lines, flush look, and unique symmetry are just some of their superpowers. Hire us to design the layout of your Mod Cabinetry kitchen.
We use state-of-the-art rendering and panoramic software to give you the absolute best impression of what your cabinetry will look like before you buy. Our Plus and Primo design plans come complete with photorealistic renderings and a room walk-through. Go ahead, click the yellow bull’s-eye and give it a try!
Our Mod certified designers work with you on your terms. No hard sells, showroom hopping, or big-box stores. Whether we are converting your professionally made plans or starting from scratch, we listen and are just one click away on your own design dashboard.
Use our FREE planner and design your kitchen using our curated catalog. See for yourself how you can lay out your kitchen, add appliances, and visualize it all in color renderings based on your selected finish.
We tailor our flexible modern kitchen design plans to meet a wide range of design needs. We don’t believe you should have to pay thousands of dollars for high-end European design. All plans include color renderings, floor plan, elevations, and line item pricing. Our plans also include a photorealistic rendering and panoramic walk-through.
When you sign up get instant access to your Project Portal which is your collaboration portal which so much mightier than email with these features:
1. Mark-up and/or video over draft design, photos and documents with your comments
2. Keep files tidy in a repository and have threaded conversations that are easy to find
3. Keep in touch with anyone on your Mod Team
4. Set up screen share calls
5. And so much more!