Black Kitchen cabinets
Black is the new white? Black kitchen cabinets, even though they have become increasingly popular lately, still stand out from light kitchen finishes. It is possible to create a very striking, unique, and modern kitchen with black cabinets when they are done correctly. Black cabinets look striking and fashionable is just one of the many reasons you might want to choose them for your new kitchen. Here are some examples of what black kitchen cabinets can do for your home:
- They can give your home a very chic feel
- Your property’s resale value can be enhanced by them
- Unlike white cabinets, they don’t show dirt as much
- Children and pets can still be around them
- By combining them with lighter colors, they can give a room a sense of depth and contrast
How to Create Balance with Black Kitchen Cabinets
It is important to remember that too much black can be overpowering, so make sure to balance it out with features like brass or silver handles and lighter colors elsewhere. A well-done black shaker cabinet can seem straight out of an interior design magazine. For example, you can keep a sense of light and contrast in the kitchen by pairing black cabinetry with light oak shelving, a white subway tile backsplash, and light marble or granite countertops.
Here are other ideas to create balance when choosing black cabinets:
- Add brass hardware to dress them up
- Topped with butcher block countertops.
- Combine black appliances to create a cohesive look.
- Consider a patterned backsplash
- Keep black to the lower cabinets
- Add a little gold to the mix
- Lighten the mood with glass-front kitchen cabinets
- Add some warmth to your decor with copper details
- Take the plunge with an all-black kitchen
- Couple black kitchen cabinets with black or white marble
- A modern chandelier in an industrial style to add an artistic touch
With some of these design details you’ll want to paint it black like Mick Jagger!
Black Kitchen Cabinets Options
M-F 10-6 PST
Start Designing Your Black Kitchen Cabinets
M-F 10-6 PST