Black Cabinets: The Chic and Modern Way to Renovate Your Kitchen
Paint it black! Being one of the most popular kitchen design trends these days, black kitchen cabinets are a great fit for nearly any kitchen design.
While this trend has long been seen in Scandinavian design, in the U.S. there has been a recent movement toward this style. Whether you are drawn to modern design or more of a contemporary style, black cabinets are elegant yet allow for bold contrasts.
Click below for stunning photos, FAQs and to read more!
Click through for stunning photos and FAQs!
According to Architectural Digest, black has been steadily increasing in popularity since 2015 and is now the new “it” color for cabinetry. Offering a level of unique sophistication, modern black kitchen cabinets are highly versatile and mesh with a wide range of colors, finishes, and materials.
Black kitchen cabinets, even though they have become increasingly popular lately, still stand out from light kitchen finishes. It is possible to create a very striking, unique, and modern kitchen with black cabinets when they are done correctly. Black cabinets look striking and fashionable is just one of the many reasons you might want to choose them for your new kitchen.
Here are some examples of what black kitchen cabinets can do for your home:
- They can give your home a very chic feel
- Your property’s resale value can be enhanced by them
- Unlike white cabinets, they don’t show dirt as much
- Children and pets can still be around them
- By combining them with lighter colors, they can give a room a sense of depth and contrast
BENEFITS OF BLACK KITCHEN CABINETS
Black cabinets are associated with a feeling of luxury. When you walk into a kitchen that showcases beautifully crafted black cabinetry, it immediately catches your attention. When you invest in custom black cabinets, you achieve a new depth to your kitchen and create a certain mood. Depending on how you style your kitchen, that mood may be cozy, inviting, or intimate.
- Black cabinets complement a variety of styles. Whether you love minimalist kitchens or prefer more of a chic look, black cabinetry ticks all the boxes.
- Black goes with virtually every accompanying appliance, hardware, or decor, especially modern design aesthetics.
- This color of black kitchen cabinets is dramatic yet doesn’t show dirt as easily as light-colored kitchen cabinets.
- With black cabinetry, anything that contrasts the dark cabinets will pop, making accent features more vibrant.
Whether your goal is to create a dramatic backdrop or add a dose of sophistication to your home, modern black kitchen cabinets are the perfect solution.
HOW TO CREATE BALANCE WITH BLACK KITCHEN CABINETS
It is important to remember that too much black can be overpowering, so make sure to balance it out with features like brass or silver handles and lighter colors elsewhere. A well-done black shaker cabinet can seem straight out of an interior design magazine. For example, you can keep a sense of light and contrast in the kitchen by pairing black cabinetry with light oak shelving, a white subway tile backsplash, and light marble or granite countertops.
Here are other ideas to create balance when choosing black cabinets:
- Add brass hardware to dress them up
- Topped with butcher block countertops.
- Combine black appliances to create a cohesive look.
- Consider a patterned backsplash
- Keep black to the lower cabinets
- Add a little gold to the mix
- Lighten the mood with glass-front kitchen cabinets
- Add some warmth to your decor with copper details
- Take the plunge with an all-black kitchen
- Couple black kitchen cabinets with black or white marble
- A modern chandelier in an industrial style to add an artistic touch
If you’re considering Black kitchen cabinets for your next kitchen project, here are answers to some frequently asked questions we get from customers:
Is black a good choice for kitchen cabinets?
If you’re bold and confident, then black kitchen cabinets might be the perfect choice for you. They create a powerful and sophisticated look that shows off your unique sense of style. Plus, they’re sure to make a statement in your kitchen. So if you’re looking for a way to really make your kitchen stand out, black cabinets could be the way to go.
Are black cabinets hard to keep clean?
Actually, they’re quite easy to maintain. All you need is a little elbow grease and the right cleaning supplies. Plus, once you’ve cleaned them, they always look amazing.
Are black cabinets a fad?
Up until recently, kitchen cabinets were typically wood, white, or maybe a light brown. But now, more and more people are painting their cabinets black. It’s a daring move that creates a Dramatic look in the kitchen. We’d like to think they are timeless and elegant.
What flooring goes with black cabinets?
For a truly striking kitchen, why not pair black cabinets with flooring that makes a bold statement? Make an impact by choosing a material that complements the darkness of the cabinets, such as richly stained hardwood or brightly patterned tile. Whatever you choose, let your creativity shine through to create a space that is both stylish and unique.
With some of these design details you’ll to want to paint it black like Mick Jagger!
Conclusion paragraph: If you’re considering a kitchen remodel, or just want to switch things up in your current kitchen, black cabinets may be the perfect choice for you. With their sleek design and ability to fit into any style, black cabinets can give your kitchen a modern update while still keeping its classic feel. Ready to jump on this trend? Contact us today for a free estimate – we would love to help make your black kitchen dreams come true!
Want even more?
- If you’re considering Black kitchen cabinets for your next kitchen project, you’ll want to review FAQs we get from customers. Read the expanded article by clicking the link above.
- According to Architectural Digest, black has been steadily increasing in popularity since 2015 and is now the new “it” color for cabinetry.
- Offering a level of unique sophistication, modern black kitchen cabinets are highly versatile and mesh with a wide range of colors, finishes, and materials.
- Black cabinets look striking and fashionable is just one of the many reasons you might want to choose them for your new kitchen.
- They can give your home a very chic feel or enhance its resale value. Plus, they don’t show dirt as much as white cabinets might.
- Explore Mod Cabinetry’s lines to find the perfect black kitchen cabinets for your space.
- Get a Free Estimate to see how much black kitchen cabinets cost.
- Want to learn more? Check out our deep dive in the article Black Kitchen Cabinets That Make A Statement and Color Your Kitchen Cabinets – The Next Best Kitchen Trend! in THE MODERNIST, a Mod Cabinetry publication with handpicked ideas and inspirations focused on modern, trend-led kitchens.
Black Kitchen Cabinets Options
Don’t see the right black? Choose any black from Sherwin Williams for a custom paint color in the Naturals Line. Custom color process is a $1400 add-on fee.
Which Style is Right for You?
Check the modern cabinet options from Mod Cabinetry
MODERN AND ENDURING
With customizations, faster lead-times and lower pricing, Naturals is a perfect alternative to local custom cabinetry.
With modification, trending door styles, and impressive pricing Naturals Express is a perfect alternative to Big Box Store Cabinetry.
With faster lead-times and lower pricing, Euro is a perfect alternative to import European cabinets.
- Euro High Gloss, Matte and Textured finishes
- Want handles? Check out Arda option
- Want handleless with aluminum channels? Check out Segmento option
- Want handleless with integrated pulls? Check out Curva option
- Minimal Customizations
- Made in Europe
- Fully Assembled
- Slab Door Style
- See current leadtimes
SIMPLE AND AFFORDABLE
Start Designing Your Black Kitchen Cabinets
Mod certified designers are experts at high-end modern design. These are not your big-box store or classic kitchen designers. They are superheroes of modern design principles. Clean lines, flush look, and unique symmetry are just some of their superpowers. Hire us to design the layout of your Mod Cabinetry kitchen.
Our Mod certified designers work with you on your terms. No hard sells, showroom hopping, or big-box stores. Whether we are converting your professionally made plans or starting from scratch, we listen and are just one click away on your own design dashboard.
Use our FREE planner and design your kitchen using our curated catalog. See for yourself how you can lay out your kitchen, add appliances, and visualize it all in color renderings based on your selected finish.
- Whole Home
- 5 Kitchen
2 for each Space
- Master Level with 15+ Years
- Meet With Master Designer
- High Quality Rendering
- Master Level with 15+ Years
- Meet With Master Designer
- High Quality Rendering
We tailor our flexible modern kitchen design plans to meet a wide range of design needs. We don’t believe you should have to pay thousands of dollars for high-end European design. All plans include color renderings, floor plan, elevations, and line item pricing. Our plans also include a photorealistic rendering and panoramic walk-through.
When you sign up get instant access to your Project Portal which is your collaboration portal which so much mightier than email with these features:
1. Mark-up and/or video over draft design, photos and documents with your comments
2. Keep files tidy in a repository and have threaded conversations that are easy to find
3. Keep in touch with anyone on your Mod Team
4. Set up screen share calls
5. And so much more!